As of , The Republic of Tea has donated to Room to Read.
Room to Read is an innovative non-profit leader dedicated to furthering literacy and gender equality in education throughout Africa and Asia. Founded in 2000, the organization operates on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children. ®
In the past 11 years, the organization has supported over 6 million children by providing better access to higher-quality educational opportunities. Room to Read has built more than 1,556 schools, established over 13,152 multilingual libraries, distributed more 11.5 million books, supported the education of more than 15,388 girls and published more than 707 books in local languages.
Room to Read is transforming the lives of millions children in communities throughout Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zambia. By 2015, Room to Read hopes reach 10 million children through the development of literacy skills, the promotion of the and a habit and practice of reading among primary school children, and by ensuring that girls have the skills and support needed to complete their secondary education.
The Republic of Tea established our partnership with Room to Read in 2009, introducing the Little Citizens’ Herb Tea collection.
Seventeen libraries have been built with the donations from the Little Citizens’ Herb Teas since 2009. Join us today in our goal to build 100!
– Chumani Primary School, Reeston, South Africa – dedicated to John Grob & Associates
– Khayalethu Senior Primary School, Postdam, South Africa – dedicated to The Cristol Group
– Pahala Diggala Primary School, Devahuwa, Sri Lanka
– Silvathgala Maha Vidyalaya School, Galewala, Sri Lanka
– Walgamwewa Kanishta Vidyalaya School, Bambaragaswewa, Sri Lanka
– Labookelle No.02 Tamil Vidyalaya School, Labookelle, Sri Lanka – dedicated to Specialty Food Sales
– Municipal Corporation Primary School New Tihar Jail, Delhi, India – dedicated to Reid & Johnson Inc.
– Government Primary School Bubariya Fali, Mungthala, India
– Government Primary School, Chouhano ki fali-1, Girvar, India
– Veppankulam Government School, Veppankulam, Sri Lanka
– Nagamaduwa Kanishta Vidyalaya School, Nagamaduwa, Sri Lanka – dedicated to Specialty Food Network
– Sirambiadiya Kanishta Vidyalaya School, Sirambiadiya, Sri Lanka
– Mehrauli Kothi Kale Khan Municipal Corporation Primary School, Delhi, India
– Malya Khapri Government Primary School, Rajasthan, India
– Pabuthan Government Primary School, Rajasthan, India
– Khapri Ki Dang Government Primary School, Rajasthan, India
– Green Park Municipal Corporation Primary School, Delhi, India
– Rampura-I Primary School Library, India
– Pyare Lal Road Primary School Library, India
– Ajari Primary School Library, India
– R.K. Rangwala-I Primary School Library, India
– Govindanagar Primary School Library, India
– Gonawa Viduhala School Library , Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
– St. John’s Vidyalaya School Library, Colombo, Sri Lanka
– Thampalawela Kanishta Vidyalaya School Library, Monaragala, Sri Lanka
– Adamspeak Tamil Vidyalaya School Library, Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
– Bangadeniya Maha Vidyalaya School Library, Puttalam, Sri Lanka
Explore the Little Citizens’ Herb Tea Collection benefitting Room to Read.