- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp u•matcha
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- Required: 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan
- Preheat over to 350°F. Butter and flour the loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 3 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Then beat in matcha powder. Add flour and milk in three alternating batches.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake 1 1/2 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.