Recipe: Supergreen u•matcha™ Vegetable Stock
- 2 1/2 tbsp The Republic of Tea Stir-Fry Tea Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and cut into eights, each attached at root
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-inch knob ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tsp u•matcha™
Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
Add 1/2 tbsp of oil to stock pot and add carrots and serrano pepper.
Sauté until carrots are glazed, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl with onion mix.
Add 1/2 tbsp of oil to stock pot and add celery and shiitake mushrooms.
Sauté until mushrooms just start to release their liquids, 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer to onion mix. Pour enough of water into pot to whisk up any caramelization.
Add rest of water and all sautéed vegetables. Simmer at medium heat for 30 minutes.
Strain out solids. Add salt and pepper. Whisk in matcha powder.
More Interesting Knowledge from The Citizens' Tea Library:
- Pour 1 1/2 tbsp of oil into stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until slightly caramelized, 3 to 5 minutes.
This entry was posted in Matcha Recipes