- 5 tsp Republic Chai Full-Leaf Tea
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tbsp The Republic of Tea’s Orange Unrefined Cane
- Grind Republic Chai Tea into a fine powder using a clean spice grinder.
- Add powdered tea to dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat butter, sugar, molasses and egg until smooth and add dry ingredients. Mix until well blended and refrigerate dough 1 hour or more until firm.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into star shapes.
- Place stars on a cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart. Brush cookie tops with egg whites and sprinkle with Orange Unrefined Cane Sweetener.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.
Serves: about 50 cookiesMore Interesting Knowledge from The Citizens' Tea Library: