Makes 20 Cookies
• 7 tbsp butter, softened
• 6 tbsp powdered sugar
• 1 egg yolk
• ¾ cup flour
• 6 tbsp finely ground almonds
• 2 tsp U•Matcha
• 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
How to Make
• Cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Mix in the egg yolk.
• In another bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds and U•Matcha. Add to the first bowl and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
• Roll into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap and place in the freezer for 40 minutes until firm.
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Roll the log in turbinado sugar to cover all sides, pressing it down a bit. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
• Bake for 9 minutes, or until the cookies just begin to turn golden at the edges. Let rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.