For a unique twist, add premium matcha green tea to rich, creamy frosting. This matcha frosting recipe brings bright green color and smooth, vegetal sweetness to any cupcake.
(Recipe from Citizen Alex Podesta)
• 8 oz unsalted butter, softened
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1-2 teaspoons milk (add in if frosting is too thick)
• 2 tablespoons Matcha
How to Make
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Adjust thickness of frosting adding milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time to desired consistency. Beat in powder. Spread on a cake or cupcakes.