Makes 20 Cookies
- 7 tbsp butter, softened
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup flour
- 6 tbsp finely ground almonds
- 2 tsp U•Matcha™ Natural
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
How to Make
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Mix in the egg yolk.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds and U•Matcha™ Natural. Add to the first bowl and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Roll into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap and place in the freezer for 40 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the log in turbinado sugar to cover all sides, pressing it down a bit. Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until the cookies just begin to turn golden at the edges. Let rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.