- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp hibiscus vinegar
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Stir Fry Tea Oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 leek, white and light green portions, rinsed well and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tsp five spice
- 3 tsp hibiscus simple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in small bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade in bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken pieces in a heavy roasting pan or dutch oven. Arrange the sweet potato and leeks around the chicken.
- Pour marinade over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in sauce pan. Heat on low for 8-10 minutes or until glaze is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Roast chicken uncovered for 55 minutes.
- Take out pan and glaze the chicken and the potatoes. Return entire pan into the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Place chicken pieces on a plate and arrange sweet potato around plate. Garnish with tea spice and serve immediately.