Black tea and rose water have become major trends in skincare over the last few years, prominently featured in products such as facemasks, cleansers and serums. Interestingly enough, black tea and rose water have been used for overall health and beauty for centuries.
Black tea and rose water are both rich in antioxidants and have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, which can be used to tighten pores, brighten skin and eliminate free radicals.*
There is no need to purchase expensive products in order to get the benefits of these natural ingredients. Our Rose Petal Black Full-Leaf Tea is a welcome introduction for anyone interested in a more natural approach to skincare.
The best part? You can savor a fragrant cup of tea while you make this recipe! Our Sweet Rose Milk Tea is the perfect indulgence.
What You Will Need for a DIY Skin Toner:
- 4 tsp Rose Petal Black Full-Leaf Tea
- ½ cup of alcohol free witch hazel
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Heat 2 cups of fresh, filtered water to a rolling boil.
- Measure 4 tsp Rose Petal Black Tea and place in steep sack or tea infuser within a small saucepan.
- Pour water over tea and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove steep sack or infuser and allow tea to cool completely.
- Once the tea has cooled, add witch hazel, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to the pan.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Store this mixture in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Soak a cotton ball with toner and apply to clean face, avoiding the eye area.
- Allow the toner to dry completely before applying any further face lotions or moisturizers.
- Feel free to use the toner twice daily as a part of a regular skin regimen.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.