Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. A healthy, balanced breakfast will allow you to begin your morning on the right note, setting you up for a full day of wellness.
The challenge for many Citizens is striking the right balance of “healthful” and “convenient.” Fortunately, incorporating tea into your daily breakfast routine is quick and easy. Impart more flavor to your morning meal with these healthy tea-based breakfast ideas.
Tea Smoothie Bowls
Over the past several years, matcha green tea smoothie bowls have become one of the trendiest breakfast items. Fortunately, these brightly-hued bowls are incredibly simple to prepare right from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Add the following ingredients to a blender:
- 1 banana (peeled, frozen and sliced)
- 3/4 cup milk (or milk alternative, such as coconut or almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup baby spinach (or other greens)
- Ice cubes as needed
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with ingredients (optional). Serve and enjoy!
The above recipe is merely a starting point for your matcha smoothie bowls; consider adding your favorite fruits or sweeteners to the base, and topping with sliced fruits, nuts and seeds.
You may also use your preferred loose full leaf teas or tea bags to prepare a tea smoothie bowl. Simply steep the tea according to package directions, using milk in place of water. Then place the steeped tea in the refrigerator and allow to cool. Add the tea mixture to a blender along with your other smoothie ingredients, blend until smooth, and serve.
Tea Infused Oatmeal
Infusing your morning bowl of oatmeal with the rich, bold flavor of tea is as easy as can be. Simply prepare your oatmeal according to package directions, using steeped tea in place of hot water.
The flavor profiles you can create by swapping out plain water for tea are endless. Below are some of our favorite tea varietals to use in oatmeal:
- Berry tea (including blackberry, blueberry, raspberry and strawberry tea); top with fresh berries for a burst of fresh flavor.
- Apple tea pairs wonderfully with sliced apples, bananas, nuts and a dash of cinnamon.
- Chai tea and spiced tea add warmth and complexity—perfect for autumn and winter.
- Vanilla tea delivers a dash of sweetness to your oatmeal.
You may also use tea to prepare overnight oats, a no-cook breakfast staple. Start your day on a healthful note with this Golden Milk Overnight Oats recipe.
Tea Yogurt Bowls
Creamy, healthy, simple and satisfying—is it any wonder that yogurt is one of the most beloved breakfast items? Rather than stocking up on multiple flavored yogurts, you can add a burst of vibrant flavor to plain or vanilla yogurt using your favorite teas.
This simple tea yogurt bowl recipe is the perfect starting point for whipping up an endless number of flavorful breakfasts:
- Place 2 tea bags of your choice in a bowl and add ¼ cup water.
- Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let cool.
- Mix in 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt.
- Top with ingredients of your choice: Sliced fruit, granola, chia seeds, honey, agave, coconut flakes, goji berries, etc.
Tea Fruit Bowls
Citizens love Single Sips for their bright, refreshing flavors and ease of use. Using these convenient packets to enhance a bowl of freshly sliced fruits is just as easy; simply sprinkle the contents on top, serve and enjoy.
Try Apple Cider Vinegar Pineapple Coconut Single Sips on tropical fruits like mango, pineapple and papaya. Cut the sweetness of strawberries, blueberries and apples with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Single Sips. And what pairs better with freshly cubed watermelon than a dash of Hydration Watermelon flavor?
Discover more healthy, flavorful recipes featuring tea in our library of Tea Recipes.