Full-Leaf Loose Teas and Herbs Around the Globe
August 8, 2022
Steeping a cup of full–leaf loose tea is a multi–sensory experience: you hear the sound of the hot water being poured, feel the warmth of the cup in your hands, watch as the delicate leaves unfurl, smell the essential oils wafting from the cup and finally taste the steeped tea.
The act of preparing a cup of full–leaf loose tea can also spark a sense of wanderlust, stirring up daydreams of far–flung locations around the world. Our Minister of Herbs scours the globe in search of the most premium teas and herbs available, bringing them home to our Citizens.
From China (the birthplace of tea) to India (famous for its breakfast teas) to Nigeria (home of the best–tasting hibiscus tea we have found), we put the world in your cup. Embark on a delicious journey around the globe with these recommendations from The Republic of Tea.
Full–Leaf Teas from China
China is the birthplace of tea. According to legend, tea was first discovered nearly 5,000 years ago by the Chinese emperor and herbalist Shennong. While sitting outdoors and boiling some water to drink, the wind blew a leaf from a nearby Camellia sinensis bush into the emperor’s cup, altering the color and aroma. Curious, the emperor tried the infusion and was delighted by the taste. Today China produces a wide array of teas, including green, black, oolong, white and pu-erh.
- The People’s Green Full–Leaf Tea
- Sky Between the Branches Green Full–Leaf Tea
- Golden Yunnan Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Ti Kuan Yin Full–Leaf Oolong Tea
- Coconut Pu–erh Full–Leaf Tea
- Jasmine Pearls Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from India
India is one of the world’s leading countries in tea production, especially strong and flavorful black teas. Assam black tea is one of India’s most widely consumed varieties, while Darjeeling black tea is celebrated around the globe for its distinctive flavor and quality. Masala chai — with its warm, spicy–sweet flavor and creamy consistency — is a daily staple in India.
- Republic Darjeeling Black Full Leaf Tea
- Organic Assam Breakfast Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Republic Chai® Full–Leaf Tea
- Earl Greyer Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Frost Black Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s tropical climate and hilly terrain are ideally suited for growing premium, full–bodied tea leaves. It is primarily known for its strong black teas, which are commonly referred to as Ceylon black teas (the name given to Sri Lanka during British colonial rule).
- British Breakfast Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Mango Ceylon Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Cinnamon Plum Black Full–Leaf Tea
- Cardamon Cinnamon Herbal Full–Leaf Tea
- PassionFruit Papaya Black Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from Japan
Japanese green teas are regarded as being among the best in the world. Japan’s tea history dates back more than a thousand years, and popular varieties of Japanese tea include matcha, sencha, genmaicha and hojicha.
- Daily Matcha
- Big Green Hojicha Full–Leaf Tea
- Sencha Kyoto Full–Leaf Tea
- Spring Cherry Green Full–Leaf Tea
- Tea of Inquiry Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from Nigeria
The fragrant, exotic hibiscus flower is native to Africa and is found in tropical climates around the world. We source our premium ruby red hibiscus blossoms from Nigeria, where the flower has a long history of culinary use.
- Natural Hibiscus Full–Leaf Tea
- Hibiscus Coconut Full–Leaf Tea
- Hibiscus Pineapple Lychee Full–Leaf Tea
- Hibiscus Key Lime Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from South Africa
Experience rooibos — or South African red bush tea — in its pure form with our full–leaf blends. Rooibos is native to the Western Cape of South Africa, where it has been consumed by the Khoisan Bushmen for centuries.
- Good Hope Vanilla Red Full–Leaf Tea
- Ginger Peach Red Full–Leaf Tea
- Cinnamon Orange Red Full–Leaf Tea
- Cedarberg Organic Red Full–Leaf Tea
Full–Leaf Teas from the Americas
From the tropical rainforests of South America to the rainy Pacific Northwest, we source the highest quality herbs, berries and other ingredients from throughout North and South America.
Discover flavorful teas made with high–quality açaí, yerba mate and peppermint sourced from the Americas.
- Açaí Superfruit Green Full–Leaf Tea
- Maté Latte® Full–Leaf Tea
- Organic Mint Fields Full–Leaf Tea
- Orange Ginger Mint Herbal Full–Leaf Tea
Craving more tea travel inspiration? Read this article next: Tea Around the World – A Glimpse into 5 Tea Cultures.