Best Herbs for Anxiety & Stress: Adaptogens & Nervines
May 5, 2022
Mindfulness, Self Care, Stress Relief, SuperAdapt™ Teas
In moments of change or uncertainty, stress and anxiety are natural reactions. But when left untended, these feelings can become chronic, leading to a whole host of physical, mental and emotional symptoms.
As always, the first step towards healing is identifying the root cause of your anxiety and stress, and working to make holistic lifestyle changes. But regardless of the unique stressors you may be facing, herbs can help support your journey of recovering from anxiety and stress.
In general, the best herbs for anxiety and stress relief fall into two categories: adaptogens and nervines.
Adaptogens are plants and mushrooms that may help the body resist occasional stress by restoring overall balance and supporting normal functions such as stamina, immunity and cognition.* By drinking adaptogenic teas on a regular basis, over time you may feel more centered and capable of managing stressors as you experience them.*
Nervines are another category of herbs that may help support stressed or depleted nervous systems by providing acute nervous tension relief.* These herbs tend to have mildly calming and sedating effects, making them ideal herbal allies when you need something to take the edge off during a stressful moment.*
Both adaptogenic herbs and nervine herbs can be woven into daily stress relief rituals and sipped regularly as a form of herbal self care. Keep reading to discover our top recommended herbs for stress and anxiety relief.
Our Favorite Adaptogenic Herbs
- Holy Basil: Also known as tulsi, holy basil is highly regarded for its ability to help manage long–term stress and anxiety.* Try it in SuperAdapt™ Stress Suppress® Tea.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha root has been used for thousands of years by Ayurvedic healers to reduce feelings of stress and encourage calmness.* Try it in SuperAdapt™ Clarity and Calm® Tea.
- Reishi Mushroom: Known as the “Mushroom of Immortality,” reishi may also help to calm the central nervous system and promote relaxation.* Try it in SuperAdapt™ Restore and Reset® Tea.
- Asian Ginseng: If fatigue and mental fogginess are keeping you from tackling your to–do list, ginseng may help boost cognition and feelings of well–being.* Try it in SuperAdapt™ Hormone Harmony™ Tea.
- Chaga Mushroom: Antioxidant–rich chaga may help fight feelings of stress and stave off fatigue.* Try it in SuperAdapt™ Burnout Blocker® Tea.
Our Favorite Nervine Herbs
- Chamomile: Chamomile has long been used as a medicinal herb for soothing the nervous system, reducing anxiety and encouraging a healthy night’s rest.* Try it in Organic Heirloom Chamomile Tea.
- Lavender: Commonly used in aromatherapy, lavender is well known for its soothing, calming and relaxing effects.* Try it in Beautifying Botanicals® Daily Beauty Herbal Tea.
- Lemon Balm: Aromatic lemon balm has a sunny, citrusy scent that lifts the spirits and may support feelings of relaxation.* Try it in Beautifying Botanicals® Beauty Brain® Herbal Tea.
- Valerian: Valerian has been used for hundreds of years as an herbal sedative to calm the nerves and naturally enhance sleep.* Try it in get some zzz’s™ Herb Tea for Rest.
- Passionflower: Gorgeous passionflower may be helpful for relieving anxiety, nervous restlessness and insomnia.* Try it in get relaxed® Tea for Relieving Stress.
- Skullcap: Skullcap has long been used to remedy a wide range of ailments, including feelings of anxiety and sleeplessness.* Try it in Chamomile Lemon Herbal Tea.
Herbal self–care is a wonderful way to ease feelings of anxiety and lift your spirits in moments of stress. Because each individual is unique, we recommend experimenting to see which herbs for anxiety and stress provide you with the most relief. Savor sip by sip, and allow yourself to be fully present in this moment of relaxation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.