- 1 cp heavy whipping cream
- 8 tea bags Apple Pie Chai
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- Combine tea bags and cream in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Remove from heat, cover and steep until room temperature. Remove tea bags, making sure all the liquid is squeezed into the infused cream.
- In another saucepan, whisk the sugar and water together and cook over medium heat until sugar s dissolved. Increase heat to medium high and cook without stirring for 15-20 minutes until mixture begins to caramelize.
- When caramel turns a medium tan color, remove from heat. Carefully stir in a couple of tablespoons of chai-infused cream at a time until mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature before serving. Store in refrigerator.