yields 2 dozen • prep time: 15 minutes • total time: 25 minutes
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened and diced
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 cup of flour
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Tear open the tea bags and blend the contents with the flour, salt and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture by hand until just blended.
- Roll the dough into a log shape and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove the plastic wrap and let the dough sit for 10 minutes to soften. Cut log into ½-inch disks or roll out on a flat surface and use a cookie cutter.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 9-10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.