yields 3 dozen • prep time: 25 minutes • total time: 35 minutes
⅓ cup of fresh, filtered water
¼ cup of unsalted butter,
softened and cubed
½ cup of sugar
1½ cups of flour
¼ tsp of salt
- Steep 3 tea bags in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and set the tea aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and cooled tea.
- In another bowl, tear open the contents of the two remaining tea bags and blend with the flour and salt. Gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into balls and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until light brown. Place the cookies on wire racks to cool completely.