yields 3 dozen • prep time: 15 minutes • total time: 2.5 hours
1 cup of unsalted butter,
softened and diced
½ cup of sugar
1 Tbsp of milk
2 cups of flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluff y. Mix in the milk and egg.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. While mixing, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Cut open the tea bags and blend the contents into the mixture.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. On a flat surface lightly dusted with powdered sugar, roll out the dough to approximately ¼ -inch thickness. Cut the dough into shapes and place them on a greased cookie sheet or silicone mat.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Rotate the sheet halfway through cooking. Let cool for at least 8 minutes.