Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea Donuts – A Keto* and Kosher Recipe)
Servings: Makes 6 donuts
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tea bags Almond Coconut Macaroon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tea bag Almond Coconut Macaroon
- ½ cup unsweetened grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and contents of 1 tea bag.
- Heat almond milk in a mug with 3 tea bags in a microwave for 30 seconds. Let steep for 5 minutes, then remove tea bags and squeeze out liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk tea mixture, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 20-25 minutes (or longer for a silicone pan!), until medium-dark golden brown. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, steep the last tea bag in 2 Tbs boiling water for 5 minutes. Add the powdered monk fruit sweetener to a small bowl, then stir in the tea concentrate to make a glaze.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board. Brush or dip the tops of each donut with the glaze then generously sprinkle with grated coconut.
*For a non-Keto version, you can substitute conventional sugar instead of monk fruit.