Red Velvet Cheese Tea
Cheese tea is the name for milk tea topped with a soft, airy cream cheese-based foam. It originated in the night markets of Taiwan, and quickly gained popularity throughout Asia. The creamy foam is usually lightly salted to create a delicious contrast to the sweetened milk tea.
February 4, 2021
- 2 Red Velvet Cuppa Chocolate Tea bags
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or sugar substitute)
- ¼ – 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Add the tea bags to a large mug and pour in 8 oz. of boiling water and let steep for 7 minutes.
- While it is steeping, make the cheese foam topping. In a medium mixing bowl, add the sugar and cream cheese. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add the milk and whipping cream to the mixing bowl. Beat until thick and frothy.
- Slowly add sea salt and adjust according to desired taste.
- Remove the tea bags from the steeped tea and spoon the cheese foam on top. Enjoy immediately.