To kick things off during this winter of wellness, The Republic of Tea is featuring some relaxing spa treatments that you can do at home.
An herbal steam has been known to open pores while also releasing toxins and impurities.* Steam hydrates by adding moisture, increasing circulation and relieving tension.
The polyphenols in tea are good for the skin, too! Studies have shown that they can help repair oxidative damage.* Herbs like chamomile have been used for centuries for their calming and anti-inflammatory properties.
What You’ll Need for a DIY Herbal Tea Facial Steam:
- 2 Tbsp. Chamomile Lemon Herbal Full-Leaf Tea (or your favorite full-leaf green or herbal tea)
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 4 cups boiling water
- Bowl or pot with a wide opening
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour water into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Chamomile Lemon Herbal Full-Leaf Tea to the water.
- Add 1 drop of lavender essential oil.
- Make a tent with a towel over your head.
- Hold face at a comfortable distance from the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse face with cool water and pat dry.
Feel free to experiment with different herbal teas— Organic Mint Fields or Jasmine Jazz Green Tea are also great — or try another calming essential oil such as eucalyptus or rosemary. Be sure to sip a cup of tea while you indulge in a relaxing spa at home! With our premium tea as a part of your wellness journey, you can ensure that a new you will also be a happier you.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.