Happy National Iced Tea Day! Each year on June 10th, tea lovers across the nation raise a glass to this iconic iced beverage. National Iced Tea Day occurs just shortly before the summer solstice, making it the perfect way to usher in the warm weather and celebrate the start of the summer season.
Simple Iced Tea Latte Recipe
Preparing an iced tea latte is simple. By following this step-by-step guide, you can unlock a world of unique and flavorful iced tea latte recipes.
Step 1: Select your tea. Do you want your iced tea latte to be nutty and rich, zesty and spicy, light and floral, or fruity and tropical? Nearly any hot tea can be sipped on ice, so choose whichever tea blend you are craving the most. We recommend choosing more full-bodied teas, such as black tea, rooibos tea, or spiced tea. Our organic Single Sips® packets make it easy to prepare a delicious iced tea latte, especially bold flavors like Turmeric and U•Matcha.
Step 2: Select your milk. You may choose whichever milk you normally drink, or you might consider selecting your milk based on how it pairs with the tea you have chosen. For example, coconut milk would complement the flavors of Organic Double Green® Matcha Tea, whereas almond milk would pair nicely with Vanilla Almond Black Tea.
Step 3: Select your sweetener. Adding sweetener is entirely optional, but a little dose of sweetness can make your iced tea latte even more delectable. Options include cane sugar, honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, or any sweetener in your pantry.
Step 4: Prepare your iced tea latte. Once you have gathered your ingredients, follow these steps to prepare a simple and satisfying iced tea latte:
- Fill your tea kettle with fresh filtered water and heat to a rolling boil, or just short of boiling for matcha or green tea.
- Pour water over the tea bag or infuser filled with full-leaf loose tea. We suggest using double the amount of tea for an iced drink. Steep according to package instructions.
- While the tea is cooling, fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the cooled tea into the glass, filling roughly halfway.
- Fill the remainder of your glass with your choice of milk and sweetener if desired.
- Stir well to combine. If you prefer a frothy iced tea latte, prepare your beverage in a mason jar, tighten the lid and shake well. Savor sip by sip!
Iced tea can be found in many different flavors, and can be sipped plain or served with sugar, lemon, fresh fruit, or other accompaniments. Pay homage to the history of iced tea by sipping sweet and refreshing iced tea lattes throughout the summer.
If you are searching for more advanced iced tea latte ideas, browse our collection of iced tea recipes. Many of our classic tea latte recipes can also be served over ice. Experiment to find your favorite iced tea concoctions, and enjoy them sip by sip all summer long.